Here we are now.
- The Gist is published by Data Ocean Limited, and written by Simon McGarr. You can reach us at email@example.com
- The purpose for the organization to process an individual’s personal data is to send you a newsletter and manage your membership of this website. If you are on the free plan, our legal basis for this is consent and if you are on a paid tier the legal basis is contract. We also have some essential cookies which load when you visit our site. These manage the functions of the website. We have chosen not to install third party analytics plug-ins (such as Google analytics) but we do keep track of whether you open our emails. We rely on your consent for this.
- We use some third parties as data processors for your data on our behalf. These are Stripe (for payments), GhostPro (for hosting), Blacknight (for domain name services) .
- Ghost Pro, who host our website, have their servers based out of Amersterdam. If they make transfers out of the EU, they are constrained by a Data Processing Agreement (which you can read here). Stripe sets out its reliance on Standard Contract Clauses together with additional technical and organisational measures to be in compliance with the Schrems II ruling if ever they make a data transfer outside the EEA. Blacknight's servers are based in the EU.
- Data is retained for as long as is required for the purpose for which it was initially collected and then deleted.
- Data Subjects have rights under the GDPR;
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete personal data about you which you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email above.
- Where we rely on consent to process your data, you've the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (though it would be a timesaver if you let us know the problem first)
- There's no automated decision making system in place. It will be a wonder if there is even ever a manual decison making system, to be honest.